1 chambre, 2 salles de bain, pour 4 personnes
Gérant immobilier / professionnel
The Parrish Collection Kauai
Salle(s) de bain
Soirées/évènements non autorisés
Animaux non bienvenus
Adaptée aux enfants
Âge minimum du vacancier principal:25
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100 %.
Average condo, booking and front desk not friendly
The condo complex itself is situated a short walk from the Sheraton hotel and their beach, that was a nice discovery. The unit was very hot upon arrival and the unit in the bedroom cooled the bedroom OK but the rest of the unit was warm and muggy. NO cross ventilation or breezes. When we arrived at 3:30 or 3:40 pm from a full day ( 5 am) of traveling we were anxious to check in and relax. The check in time is listed at 4pm. When we approached the lady and the front desk she said the room is "not ready", I will call you when it is ready, and sent us away. We walked over to the Sheraton to have something light to eat and we got a call at 3:55. I guess they needed that extra 15 min to 'finish' the room, however when we walked in, it was warm and stuffy. Clearly, no one had been in there "getting it ready".
They give you 4 towels in each bathroom to use. and 2 beach towels for a condo that accommodates 4. Luckily we were just 3. The unit needs upgrading. There was mold in on of the bathroom shower stalls.and the carpet was in need of replacing. The slider door gets stuck. I think there are better options on Poipu.
Mahalo Mary for your review and comments. We do keep units closed for security prior to check-in and are sorry it was warm. It indeed was a back to back reservation so I guarantee you the crew needed the extra time, especially given it was high season. We apologizing shorting you on the beach towels. That was our oversight. We will be certain to address any mold in the shower and the slider. We will also share your comments about the carpet with the owner, but I do know it is cleaned regularly. For your next visit, may I recommend you focus on a Premier or Premier Plus rated property. These are newer and upgraded. Aloha.
Wonderful View and Location
First I’ll start with what we enjoyed about this property.
- The view is amazing; the lanai looks directly over the pool/courtyard and to the water. You can hear the waves crashing from the lanai and family room. Very relaxing.
- It’s located very close to the Sheraton where there is a beautiful beach, and is in walking distance to shopping and restaurants.
- Beautiful Kauai sunsets can be viewed nightly on the ocean wall directly across from the condo complex. Be sure to bring your cocktail.
- Poipu is a great location which has more sun when rest of the island has rain
- The family room is very spacious and bigger than normal 1 bedroom condos.
- The bed is very comfortable, and we slept really well.
- The office staff was very helpful and responsive to our requests whether they were requests for more washclothes or fixing something.
Lastly the things that we found lacking.
- The internet/wi-fi was very slow, and I couldn’t use my iPad with wi-fi in the bedroom, as it wouldn’t reach.
- Previous reviews mentioned road noise. There is some but it’s very minimal. Far worse are the roosters, which are everywhere on the island, and start crowing at 3:30am.
The kitchen needs some updating. Cabinets are original and could use a facelift. If I could make a suggestion to the owner - a garlic press and salad spinner would be very useful additions to the kitchen.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this place.
Mahalo Michele for your review. We will look into the internet as it is a standard and should not be slow. All routers and modems were recently upgraded so there should be no problem. Sorry about the roosters and road noise...both out of our control. We may suggest a unit that is more tucked inside the property next time. That should help on the noise. We will pass on your comments on the cabinets, etc. to the owner. We can also suggest you pick a Premier or Premier Plus unit next time as they are more updated and/or brand new. Mahalo and we look forward to your return. Aloha.
We were met with everything we wanted and needed. Will sure want to come back
Our stay was fantastic, everything we hoped for and more.
Mahalo Rhonda. We look forward to hosting you on Kauai again soon. A hui hou!