Maison, 6 chambres, 5 salles de bains, (16 personnes)
Gérant immobilier / professionnel
Pyramid Peak Properties
Salle(s) de bain
Soirées/évènements non autorisés
Adaptée aux enfants
We strongly urge you to obtain the optional Vacation Rental Travel Insurance as we do not refund for road closures or weather.
Pet rules: 1. Keep them off furniture 2. Crated while owner is gone 3. You are responsible for any damage 4. No pets with separation anxiety
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100 %.
Great Board Retreat
We had our annual school board retreat at the Palisades home. The location was beautiful and the house was even better. The only negative (nothing to do with the property) was that there was almost nothing open in July and gas was over $5.00 a gallon... but other than that it was an amazing retreat!
PERFECT for a group
The house is PERFECTLY designed for a group. Great kitchen for preparing big meals for family and friends, great sleeping arrangement, and the common space is excellent. Location is really great for ski-in and ski-out (although we did have to climb up a huge snowbank due to this year's incredible snowfall -- it was fun though!). The condition of the house is beyond excellent. Can't recommend the place enough.
Great for BIG FAMILIES!
This house was awesome! Very spacious and well equipped!
Positive things about the house:
- The house is very spacious. Everyone was spread out and had their own privacy. Usually when you go with a large group privacy is minimal, but we were all pretty spread out. We didn't get to utilize the patios (because it was covered in snow) but the property pictures looked great. LOL!
- The kitchen had everything! Usually plates, cups, and utensils are scares, but the property had well enough to provide for everyone. They also have 2 dishwashers! None of us had to wash dishes which was great! They had plenty of serving dishes, pots/pans, baking racks, etc. The older kids baked cookies and heated up frozen dino nuggets.
- The main floor has surround sounds. There's an aux cord right by the telephone.
- The wifi worked great and even if we weren't on wifi, we were still able to get service up there no matter what cellular service you have.
- Entertainment area: this was on the second floor downstairs. They had a pool table and a tv. The kids were able to hook up their Nintendo Switch. While the adults played some pool.
- Location! The location was perfect! You can literally walk down to the ski resort and go snowboarding/skiing. You can even go sledding in the street. Not a lot of cars go down that street (well at least not when we were there). So the adults and younger kids took advantage.
The only negative thing that I can say is that the loft area (especially one of the nook rooms) does get pretty warm. The property management is aware of this that's why they have a fan in that specific nook. The property management was great. They were very responsive when we needed help. They plowed the driveway for us a couple times so that we wouldn't get snowed in.
We just wished that we had extended our stay a little longer. 3 days and 2 nights was not enough, but it was still well worth it. Definitely going to book this property again in the future!
Thanks so much for staying with us, it was a pleasure to host your group.
Perfect in every way!
I have to say, I have rented quite a bit over the years for a large annual family reunion, and it's actually really hard to land a spot that hits all of the things that make a group trip absolutely unforgettable!
Room accommodations: We had 16 adults, and there was a comfy bed for each adult. We all got amazing sleep which is so important for an active weekend! And the best part is that the beds were all very comfortable. When you rent a lot, you realize where owner splurge (above and beyond) to ensure that guests are comfortable. Mattresses were great, down comforters were plush, sheets and linens were all clean and smelled fresh. And pillows... yes, the pillows were amazing.
Space: Everything in this house is meant for ensuring that large parties are extremely comfortable and able to relax. The owners have thought of it all. Kitchen is massive and when you are cooking for 16 people, you don't realize how amazing it is to use 1 very large pot/pan. Toaster fits 6 pieces of toast at once, coffee maker has heater thermoses, and large pitcher to brew multiple pots of coffee and keep them hot for all guests. We were able to all sit down and eat together as well, which was really special!
Location: Wedged between 2 large peaks in the Kirkwood valley, you have amazing views from the balcony. But the proximity to so many small lakes and hikes made this the most ideal location I have found. While we stayed in the summer (offseason) there wasn't very much open but the general store had everything we needed.
We had a blast, we will be back to this amazing rental.
Recommendations: Larger coffee brewer, more furniture out on balcony, specific instructions for fireplace (we couldn't figure out if there was gas or not and decided not to have a fire). But that's literally all I could think of. Great cabin, thanks for having us!
Thanks so much for staying with us. Please come again!
Kirkwood Ski Resort est une attraction toute l'année, pas seulement pour la saison de ski. South Lake Tahoe se trouve à 40 minutes en voiture.