Gérant immobilier / professionnel
Salle(s) de bain
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100%. Les réservations annulées au moins 30 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50%.
Family Beach Trip
Our extended family stayed at this house for a week. The house is very spacious and well maintained. The kitchen was stocked with everything that we needed to cook meals for a large group. The pool was great! The only suggestion would be to install a hand rail on the steps leading into the pool . We have an elderly family member who used the pool every day and had difficulty getting in and out of the pool since there was not a handrail. Jekyll Island is low key and was a great place for a quiet, relaxing family vacation!
We had a wonderful time at this house. It was spacious with room for all 12 of us. We had the pool heated and it was totally worth it. Our family had never been to Jekyll Island and we loved it. Jimmy was immediately responsive to any question and very helpful.
Very spacious, well stocked home with pool
Beachview cottage was perfect for our large family. Not only does it sleep 14 comfortably but the dining, family, and living rooms are very spacious so there is plenty of room for everyone to spend time together. The kitchen had everything we needed for cooking--appliances, utensils, pots, pans, etc. The only (minor) problem was a slight shortage of spoons. We opted to pay for the pool heating and the kids enjoyed the pool every day. The pool toys and four bikes were also very nice to have. There is no direct access to the beach from the house, but the closest access bridge is only a short block away. Jimmy was very helpful and responded to my inquiries quickly. I would highly recommend this house for large groups such as ours. We really enjoyed our stay.
Wonderful house for family vacation!
This house was perfect for my family of 13 (myself and husband, 3 adult kids and spouses, and 5 grandchildren (ages 3-8). We had never been to Jekyll Island before and found it to be intriguingly beautiful. The kitchen was fairly well equipped with cookware. The pool was wonderful but we did pay to have it heated, otherwise would have been too cold. The beds were very comfortable and there was plenty of room for our 4 cars. We had a minor plumbing issue tended to by the very nice property manager who responded quickly. There are a few recommendations which I would have for future guests:
1) if you have children, bring pool toys - rafts, etc, because there are none there
2) Also bring some indoor toys for a rainy day. There are a few puzzles, not much else for kids to play with inside.
3) THERE IS NO BEACH ACCESS FROM THE HOUSE OR YARD! This was my biggest disappointment, because the VRBO description states twice that there is beach access. The beach is beautiful, but if you take the path leading from the backyard, you will reach a large rock wall which is not easily climbed! There is an access boardwalk to the beach one block north of the house but the steps up and down are long and steep - not easy to tote young kids, beach chairs, picnic lunches, toys, etc. There are a few terrific beaches within a few minute drive that have much easier access. I was just disappointed that I couldn't easily get from the house to the beach. The description is very misleading.
4) Make sure you bring as many food staples with you as you can. The Jekyll Market is a fine little market but very expensive for basic things.
5) There is NO PHARMACY on the island. My grandson got an ear infection and the nearest pharmacy to get antibiotics is on St. Simons Island.
6) if you don't plan to leave the island, don't waste your money on a full week parking pass. My kids all paid for a 1 week parking pass and one of them left the island once, the others never left at all. That was $ needlessly spent.
7) You are not permitted on the golf courses before 8 AM even though the sun rises long before that time.
8) Turtle sanctuary is great, the jitney tours on the Jekyll Island Club property are great, mini golf course very basic but fun for kids, all nearby.
9) Bring a few extra bath towels. We had enough but barely.
There were some minor items in disrepair but all in all, this was a perfect family vacation property.
Spacious yet cozy beautiful beachside stay!
We had 5 adult couples staying 4 days at this home and all of us had a wonderful experience! The home is welcoming, beautifully decorated, and spacious. Everyone commented how comfortable the beds were and the sheets are super soft! Plenty of sitting areas, indoor and out. We loved to sit outside and listen to the sound of the surf! Jekyll is a great island for bike riding and this home is very convenient to do so. Separate zoned thermostats make every room comfortable. TV/cable access was great for watching Olympics! We definitely plan to book for next year’s trip too!
Great Family Vacation!
This house suited the needs of a group of 16! Well equipped kitchen and lots of room for everyone to spread out. Owners were very responsive when we needed some more bathroom towels. It was really fun to see all the deer in the yard - they visited daily! I would recommend this rental for a large family!