- Salle(s) de bain1
- Toilettes séparées0
- Séjour minimum1 - 3 Nuitées
- Dernière mise à jour du calendrier :
- 20 nov. 2018
Salle(s) de bain
Type de destination
Salle à manger
Equipements de loisirs
Les réservations annulées au moins 14 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100%. Les réservations annulées au moins 7 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50%.
Maison au calme , des choses à améliorer dans le logement
Confort moyen , ( surtout un des deux lits ) ,
pièce de vie un peu petite. Maison au calme.
Belle région à visiter .
Quiet man cottage
A peaceful and tranquil setting
We almost expected John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara to greet us when we arrived.
An ideal centre for seeing all the "tourist places" but secluded for a peaceful, quiet rest.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. So pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is "a little heaven on earth" type of place.
Quaint little cottage
We rented this cottage for two weeks. It is a lovely cottage with two cute ponies. Evelyn welcomed us and was very helpful with getting settled in. We did not stay the entire two weeks because our friends were joining us and we knew there was not enough room for 4 adults. Therefore, we stayed in Galway with our friends, and then returned to the cottage for 3 more lovely nights. Had a great time.
Ein nettes Cottage für einen kurzen Aufenthalt!
Wir waren drei Tage in dem Cottage (2 Erw, 1 Kleinkind). Es ist klein, für einen kurzen Aufenthalt war es aber ausreichend. Die Einrichtung ist alt, aber alles funktioniert und es war sauber.
Evelyn war sehr nett und kam vorbei um nach der Heizung zu sehen (mit Nachtspeicher kennen wir uns nicht aus).
Das Preis/Leistungsverhältnis ist wirklich top!
The cottage is clean, with all basic furniture items, cutlery dishes etc... Lots of space to enjoy in the summer, lovely trees outside. Inside not very roomy but that clearly is described. The wifi works OK. Some problems however did spoil it a bit for me:
- The heating (electrical) was on with big signs on all the radiators and switches "don't switch off" "Don't change the settings" etc...The temperature inside was way too high, up to 23 c. In the evening when back inside I kept the front door half open and at night I opened the window in my bedroom. The outside temperature was cold, 5 to 10°c at most, but inside was way too warm. probably expensive for the owner too. When the caretaker came on the last day I told her she said "you should have switched it off". Sur why the heck did you put all these signs then?
- There's hardly any pressure at all in the hot water system. When you take a shower you get a trickle of warm water and it takes forever to rinse off the soap and shampoo.
- The fridge is small and the poorly insulated freezer compartment gets hardly cold enough to produce cubes, let alone store a couple of frozen food items.
These problems should be easy enough to fix. It's a pity they existed in the first place.
So sorry that you found the cottage too hot! You will see on the other reviews. it is described as "cosy, warm and comfortable". We have rented for over 8 years and never had a complaint. Pity you didn't phone Evelyn, she is the care taker and would have solved your problem immediately, if you felt uncomfortable switching the heaters off. We ask guests not to touch the settings as we have many guests coming from warmer climates and need the place warm, there is no problem to simply switch them off! The water pressure is not great out in the country, certainly more than a trickle, the cottage is over 200 years old. And it is not advertised as a power shower.
The cottage sat on a very quiet road surrunded around the sides and back by old trees and fields. Inside it was warm and cosy. The beds very comfortable, and it was very clean. Everything you needed was there. Would reccomend to friends and family, and we would like to visit again and stay in the cottage.
Tom and Anne
Thank you Ann, so delighted to hear you enjoyed staying in the cottage. It is a great place to chill out and relax. We love going back there.
* TO RESERVE THIS PROPERTY, 25% OF THE RENTAL FEE MUST BE PAID AND THE BALANCE MUST BE PAID FOUR WEEKS BEFORE THE ARRIVAL DATE IF YOU BOOK 2 WEEKS YOU GET A 25% DISCOUNT OFF YOUR SECOND WEEK. BOOK 3 WEEKS AND GET 33.3% OFF THE THIRD WEEK