Particulier / consommateur
Particulier / consommateur
- français, espagnol
Salle(s) de bain
Les réservations annulées au moins 30 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100 %. Les réservations annulées au moins 14 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50 %.
pratique et idéalement placé
Séjour du 31/12 au 4/01 - Appartement bien équipé et idéalement placé à proximité de Liverpool Station. Le propriétaire est vraiment sympa et disponible. Le quartier est animé le soir et il y a effectivement un vendeur de pizza situé juste sous l'appartement. A conseiller pour qui veut découvrir cette jolie ville de Londres !
Great place in a great spot
Super easy. Wonderfully convenient. Clean and comfortable. Stayed just shy of two weeks and was thrilled. Simple little kitchen. Great washer and dryer. A/C did the trick when needed. Shoreditch is active and alive. If you want quaint, pick another part of the city.
Had a great time. Highly recommend this flat.
Convenient location easy access to all London sights
The property is compact and one flight off street level with a bus stop literally right outside the door. Short ride to tube stop. Two grocery stores a few steps away, restaurants and bars line the street. Reasonably equipped. Only drawback is the apartment is located on a major street near an ambulance service and the street noise at night can be quite loud for one sleeping in the living room on the hide-a-bed. The noise level in the bedroom is tolerable. Overall we (3) liked the apartment. Good place for 2 people.
There is no connection between the photo of the outside of a white building shown for the listing of this flat, & the flat itself. I never saw the building shown in the photo. The photos of the inside of the flat are mostly accurate, although the mirror shown in the bedroom is not there.
1. The bed is high off the floor. One must go up a 3-step ladder to get onto the bed. The bed is surrounded on 3 sides by walls which touch the bed. So if the person who sleeps on the far side of the bed gets up during the night, he has to crawl over the legs of the person on the near side of the bed, before climbing down the ladder.
1. There is a hair dryer, but no place to dry one's hair while looking in a mirror. There is an outlet in the bathroom, but there is a sign on it saying it's for shavers only; the hair dryer would probably blow a fuse. There is an outlet in the kitchen & the living room, but no mirror. The only outlet in the bedroom is behind the nightstand. And the only mirror in the bedroom is a useless mirror above the bed--I can hardly see myself in it. In this flat, there is no mirror to see yourself below your waist.
3. There is a large window in the living room/kitchen. But the mechanism for opening and closing the blinds is broken, so we could only open the blinds about a third of the way open.
4. No one met us at the flat, & the owner left no instructions about how to use any of the appliances. The appliances work well, except the dryer never got the clothes dry enough to put them away. So we always had clothes hanging around in the flat as they finished drying.
5. The shower is excellent, with plenty of hot water. But there are no hooks or towel racks on which to hang wet towels. There is a towel warmer device that works with hot water, but the device is very close to a wall, & we couldn't get the towels spread over the device well enough to dry the towels, so they remained somewhat damp.
6. The flat is on a street with several bars nearby, so there is a lot of noise at night. If you close the bedroom door, the bar noise isn't bad, but there were many police & ambulance sirens at night.
7. My husband & I rented the flat for 3 weeks, so we wanted to vacuum the floor during our stay. (The owner would have charged us £75 for a cleaning.) The vacuum cleaner (Hoover) was completely stuffed with dirt, making it unusable. There was a broom/dustpan we could use.
8. The entry phone does not work at all. But the internet works well.
First, lets start with what Jackie leaves out: this flat is in one of the most expensive areas of London these days. Where a room at the hotel up the street big enough to fit a queensize bed into is at least 3x the price of this flat per night. Which is 450sf as clearly stated in the description. It is a compact, perfect launch pad to enjoy London.
The bed is indeed on a platform, due to spacial necessity in the flat. While there may not be sockets everywhere there are more than enough. Noted on the blinds and we will rectify this by replacing them imminently. All instructions for all appliances are in the kitchen drawers, and noted as such in the instruction booklet for the flat.
Jackie is correct that no one meets and greets. This is not unusual and has never been a problem for other guests. Apparently for jacket a heated towel rail is not somewhere to hang towels. The dryer is a high specification siemens model. But as with all dryers how dry items become is partly a function of load - overload them and things do not dry properly.
The flat is indeed in the thick of the action. And as this is central central London yes there are ambulances and police cars and people out having fun. The flat has sound insulation to regulation standards which are very stringent, as well as secondary double glazing with special sound damping glass. Most guests do not have noise issues. The countryside is nice and quiet and also about an hour from central London if that is preferred.
Finally, yes there are extra charges for a maid to come to clean, wash linens and towels and change the bed. This is because they have to be paid. If we were charging 3x like the hotel up the street we could include this. But most guests prefer to pay for cleaning if they choose to rather than incorporate it into the price and not use it.
Jackie was very demanding as a guest and it would seem has little grasp for the value vs location of this flat which others more familiar with central London and Shoreditch in particular seem to understand.
We gave Jackie 4*. Which is rare as short of leaving the place in a sorry state we always give 5* reviews.
Clean and comfortable
I stayed in the flat for almost two weeks in December while in London for a business trip. It worked out really well for me. It had everything I needed including a nice sized kitchen and a washer and dryer. The flat is about 0.4 miles from the Old Street tube station which made for an easy daily commute. I thought the bed was pretty comfortable and the apartment was really clean.
The living room got a little noisy at night on the weekends since there are some bars nearby. But you couldn't hear the street noise from the bedroom and I thought the bedroom was surprisingly quiet for the location.
The wifi was a bit sporadic sometimes -- it was really great when you had it but occasionally dropped off. I couldn't figure out why.
The building felt very secure -- you have to enter two different codes to get into the building and I was never worried despite being in a pretty active area of town.
And lastly, there's a Sainsbury between the flat and the Old Street tube so groceries are easy to come by. There are a couple of smaller stores nearby and a small takeout restaurant at street level that has pretty good burgers. The Thai food there was also good but was spicy so watch out :-).
Nice, clean and simple.
A great location and a lovely place to stay. Owner was very responsive and helpful and everything went smoothly. I went for work and this was so much nicer than a hotel.
Shoreditch est le quartier le plus animé de Londres ... art, nourriture, cocktails, clubs et personnages.