Particulier / consommateur
Particulier / consommateur
Salle(s) de bain
Salle à manger
Équipements de loisirs
Soirées/évènements non autorisés
Animaux non bienvenus
Adaptée aux enfants
please treat our home as you would your own
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100 %. Les réservations annulées au moins 30 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50 %.
Niveau de prestations correctes, toutefois la présence du propret aire dans le rdc, sans se présenter crée un sentiment de mal aise.
Great Vancouver homebase
We thoroughly enjoyed our five night stay in late July at this North Vancouver home. It was the perfect size for our family of 7 (adult children and spouses) and spacious enough for everyone to have beds. The 3 bathrooms were a plus also. It was in a great location for the Vancouver area things we wanted to experience. We went on a day trip to Whistler and Shannon Falls (great dinner at the Shady Tree Pub in Squamish on the way back), did the Capilano Suspension Bridge, and kayaked in Deep Cove (the honey doughnuts were as good as advised!) It was also an easy trip into downtown Vancouver where we did a walking tour, rode bikes around the Stanley Park Seawall and enjoyed golf at the Stanley Park pitch and putt course. A favorite activity was using the tips Chris gave us to walk the trails at the end of the neighborhood to an awesome swimming hole at the river. The Friday night market and food trucks at Shipyards were fun also. The deck was great for breakfast and playing cards. Overall this was a great home for us and we were very happy with all aspects of it.
So nice, made our visit easy and comfortable!
When we arrived at Chris' home we were pleasantly surprised . The house was clean, large, with a good layout for a family with children. We were a group of 4 adults and 3 children.
Everyone had a nice bed, plenty of bathrooms, and more than enough closet and drawer space. We never felt like we were living out of a suitcase!
The kitchen was large, well stocked with cooking appliances, and Chris had even emptied the refrigerator and freezer so that we were able to fill it with our own food purchases. In addition, there was a huge variety of indoor toys and games for the children, an outdoor trampoline, basketball net, and any parent will tell you that if the children are happy, then the parents are happy!
Chris was quick to respond to any questions we had, much appreciated!
Thank you, Chris, we highly recommend your home, and compliment you on being such a gracious host !!!
Family friendly home
Overall, this vacation home was a good choice for our family. It was clean with a good layout for us to spread out. We have young children, who enjoyed the toys and books. The enclosed trampoline in the backyard was a fun bonus. The beds were comfortable and the furniture was high quality with nice decor. The location was great, about 25-30 minutes drive from downtown Vancouver, with the ability to go through Stanley Park to get there a little faster. We preferred North Vancouver for the access to the canyons and suspension bridge parks. The air conditioning felt great and having driveway parking was a plus. There were a few things that could be improved, which is the reason for the minus of a star:
- The description of the home was a little off, as there was no cable TV and the owner family stayed in a separate unit on site most nights, not a live in tenant. The family's clothes and things are still in the home while you're there. A little awkward.
- There was dog barking during the day while my son was napping, and a few times we couldn't take the trash to the bins because either the dog was there or their windows were open we didn't want to wake them.
- AppleTV & Chrome Cast were provided, but we were expecting cable for my parents to watch separately downstairs. Our party was not able to relax in two separate TV viewing areas, and this was something we specifically wanted (and the main reason we selected this particular home), so were disappointed despite efforts to remedy the situation.
- The pots/pans/cooking utensils were lacking and definitely need replacing. There were no spices, but the owner did bring a few over. Still, he was very responsive so we appreciated his attempt to fix it.
- The family bathroom was dated with the lights flickering on/off. It also only operated as a tub, not a shower. Not a big deal since there were two other showers in the home, just something to know in case you want 3.
- Keeping the security deposit (almost triple the typical rate) for two weeks was a little much. It was returned with no hassle, just something to keep in mind.
- A "welcome" folder with local take out menus, list of grocery spots, etc would have been helpful and something we've experienced at other rental properties. It's little touches, like shampoo or a welcome snack that can help make a vacation rental feel more comfortable.
Overall this was a good choice for our family and we enjoyed our trip. We appreciate the owner's responsiveness by texts.
Great home for large group, wonderful and convenient location
My family and I had the pleasure of staying here over Labor Day weekend. The house was spacious and perfect for our group of 8. The location is very convenient to all the major city attractions, yet was nicely situated in a quiet family neighborhood.
Chris, the owner, was extremely responsive to questions, and was available to contact in case we needed him (thankfully, we never had to reach out while we were there).
This is a lovely home; if we ever find ourselves in the area again, we will be sure to stay here!
Perfect place for a family
This home was a perfect fit for two families traveling together! Our children all under age 7 felt right at home with the toys that were available to play with. The split level and over all spaciousness of the home gave everyone ample space. The house is in a beautiful woodsy residential area close to Stanley Park and other great sites. Chris was great and a pleasure to work with. We would definitely stay here again.
Cortnie and her family were great tenants. House rules were followed, our home was left as clean as it was received and Cortnie was a pleasure to speak with. I would recommend Cortnie and her family to anyone and would certainly have as guests again.