Cette propriété offre 9 chambres, 6 1/2 salles de bains, 8 plus des places de parking privées.
Gérant immobilier / professionnel
Salle(s) de bain
Dispositifs de sécurité
Salle à manger
Équipements de loisirs
Adaptée aux enfants
Animaux non bienvenus
Soirées/évènements non autorisés - contact for more information.contact for more information.
Non-fumeurs - No Smoking of Any KindNo Smoking of Any Kind
Occupants maximums: 20
Âge minimum du vacancier principal: 25
Remboursement à hauteur de 100 % si l’annulation est effectuée au moins 60 jours avant l’arrivée.
A Wonderful Spot For A Gathering of Twelve Adults
We found the place well stocked from the paper products to the dishes and pots and pans. We, especially, loved the deck and started each morning with coffee and breakfast and listening to the birds. We ended the day with a glass of wine and sharing wonderful stories.
The rooms were spacious and clean. There were places to retreat to with a book and places for all to gather for meals and late evening discussions. The park is nearby and we walked there several times.
We would highly recommend the house to people looking for a place near Washington, DC. and near wonderful parks.
A Quiet Retreat
Myself and seven colleagues were seeking a place to meet that had 8 bedrooms and was close to DCA. This property fit that bill perfectly.
Family Get Together for a Wedding
Here are the positives:
1. Excellent Location
2. Very spacious, especially the Master Bedroom, Family Room and Dining Area
3. Huge backyard (although we did not use it)
4. Large Deck that we used for one of the wedding ceremonies.
5. Ample parking space.
Some of deficiencies (Wendy, do not take it as a criticism but as an opportunity for improvement):
1. Bedrooms in the basement got very hot. There was no way to control the temperature. A fan in each of the 3 rooms would have been ideal.
2. Considering there were 9 Bedrooms in the house, there were only 2 Bedrooms with attached bathroom.
3. Some of the bathrooms were very small, especially the one on the main floor and one of the bathrooms in the basement, which seemed like a closet had been converted into a bathroom. It made it very difficult when these bathrooms had to be shared between families.
4. Interior Furnishing was not that great. From outside the house looks like a million dollar home. But interior furnishing (sofas, chairs, table, lamps, drapes, blinds, vanity, etc.) looks like it came from flea market.
5. Kitchen appliances were very ordinary. In fact, the main toaster oven did not work. The second pop-up toaster was very difficult to operate. Entire kitchen appliances need an upgrade. Making toast in the morning was a chore.
6. We (including property manager) could not turn off the fireplace in the family room. As such, no one could sit on the chairs laid out in front of the fireplace.
7. This may not be a Property Owner issue but more of a VRBO issue. We had paid a refundable Damage Protection deposit of $500. It took nearly a month to get it back. Within few days after we left, Wendy (Property Owner) had already let VRBO know that there was no damage. It took multiple calls to both VRBO and Wendy to finally get the money back! It seems VRBO is fast in taking the payments, but when it comes time to make a refund, they sit on it.
Overall, we had a good experience.
Great home away from home
Property was as pictured. Owner was very responsive both prior to our arrival and after we left. Property manager was quick to respond with any questions we had. We were there over the July 4th holiday and were looking for an ice chest and asked the manager if there was one on site. He brought one over to us very promptly. We enjoyed our stay. Plenty of room for everyone. A Safeway store is only two blocks away. Walgreens and CVS are less than a mile away.
Lovely Family Venue!
The size and space allocation was perfect for our family trip of 14. Was comfortable and the property manager was kind and accommodating. Also, beds are comfortable!
We really, really enjoyed our week in this fantastic house! We are a family of eight adults and seven children (ages 10 months to 14 years). The purpose of our trip was pure fun - no agenda. Just wanted to enjoy sightseeing in our nation’s capitol. The size and layout of this house allowed us plenty of room to enjoy each other’s company, but also offered space for some quiet, alone time.
The kids were delighted when they walked into the house. The ran around - picking their bedrooms and just checking things out! They loved the view of the back yard from the deck. Although it is a suburban setting (McDonald’s is less than a block away), we saw deer and fox in the back yard while we were there!
No lack of bathrooms in this house! Two on the main floor - one with a shower. Two bedrooms on the main floor as well.
Although there is a spacious area in the basement for gathering, we spent most of our family time in the great room on the main floor. It is large and open - a wonderful place for us to gather - to play games or watch basketball!
The small sitting room off the kitchen proved to be a comfortable place to go to get away from the excitement in the family room. This room has two doors and is very quiet.
Two big tables in the dining room would have given us ample room to eat our meals together - but we chose to use one of the tables to put together a 1,000 piece puzzle. (We were up late our last night to accomplish this!)
Although the washer and dryer are old - they got the job done. Having a washer and dryer was so wonderful - it’s always nice to pack light!
It took us about 1 hour to get to the National Mall via the Metro. The Dunn Loring Metro Station is a 15’ish minute drive depending on traffic.
The kitchen is very open with a variety of utensils that met our needs for cooking meals. It is large and open - allowing us to congregate there and be crazy while meals were prepared.
The property owner was very responsive. I only had one reason to contact her, and she got back to me very quickly. Her property manager, Calvin, met us at the house when we arrived - very warm and friendly. He quickly facilitated a fix to our problem - met the cable guy at the house within 24 hours of our reporting the issue.
If you want the perfect place for a large group - this house is just the ticket!!