50 acres et plus, quai privé Cove sur le lac Fontana, étang de pêche chargé, Tsali, CNP
Particulier / consommateur
Salle(s) de bain
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100%. Les réservations annulées au moins 30 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50%.
This place was awesome. Great pond, well stocked and lake access. Has its own little private cove on the lake. You can’t use the zip line unless you hire someone to facilitate it for you however which after seeing it is understandable as it is so high off the ground. Beautiful property and very private. Would recommend!
Nice, private property
Thanks for the kind review, James. Look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
After my group and I got screwed over by someone else at VRBO we had limited options for booking a property to fit a large group. We found this house that was relatively close to where we needed to be.
Overall house was good, it fit everyone but there was definitely more to improve on.
1. Wifi was really weak, granted this is a remote area but its something worth mentioning.
2. The fridge and appliances could use a good cleaning and/or replacement.
3a. I had a difficult time reaching out to the manager or whoever was taking care of the property. I've sent messages via VRBO without a reply. Had to call a few times before finally reaching someone, in which they answered the questions.
3b. The second communication issue was when we were already on the way to the house and I was supposed to receive entry info 24 hours in advance. I was about 6 hours out and didn't have any emails nor info. After calling the different numbers listed I got ahold of someone who then informed someone else to send me the details.
4. Location is simply ok, it's a bit of a hike to get to any main road. Probably a good 5 to 10 mins of driving and it's mostly gravel once you get close to the house. Compared to what someone said that you need a 4x4, it really sounded bad but it's not THAT bad. We all had lowered sports vehicles and we made it up. Granted, some tactical angling and guidance was necessary.
I'd recommend the owner at least even out the gravel past the gate to not have bumps and humps in the middle.
5. Gate lock was a bit finnicky, we tried probably 3 times before one of us got lucky enough to open it.
6. The pond had dead fish there, might want to check that out.
I mean overall it's not a bad place, we were able to hangout and enjoy ourselves but some improvements would definitely be much appreciated. I wish the owner also communicated better as there was some slight panic as we didn't want another screw up, but with all that we enjoyed our stay.
Bring garbage bags just in case as you'll be taking out your own trash after the stay and dumping it into the recycling place they have down the road.
Piotr, thank you so much for the feedback. We certainly appreciate the thorough review and have taken your thoughts to make some improvements to the property. We have just installed a brand new over, stove, refrigerator, grill, and coffee pot. We wish you safe travels on all your future adventures!
Property is a 5-star; house is disappointing
When we opted to rent the property, we were happy to hear from other renters that the property was a 5-star one. The need for a 4x4 is real, as the approach is a windy gravel road.
The grounds are just as described. We stayed over the Christmas holiday, so using the water activities or the fishing in the pond was out. The lake was very low, so that was out, as well. But this has nothing to do with the review. The hiking trails were clearly marked on a map in the property book. We definitely enjoyed that part of the trip. The shooting area was great, as well. The targets are easy to spot and are well distributed around the property.
The disappointing part was the house. We've stayed at several other homes in the past, so maybe we have been spoiled. Given the price of our 10-day stay, we expected much more. The house needs to be remodeled. It is very dated. You enter through the kitchen. It is well-equipped with lots of pots and pans, dishes, glassware & cooking utensils. The refrigerator is older and the ice maker wasn't working. It works well, so we assume that's why it hasn't been replaced. The stove burners were dirty when we arrived, which we cleaned off of the ceramic cooktop to avoid further damage. The oven is missing the bar-handle, which makes opening the oven dangerous.
There is no dining room in the house. The photos show a dining room table but it is located outside under the covered patio by the gas grill and outdoor fireplace. Luckily we were only 3, so we ate inside on the kitchen counter. Dinner in the cold is not what we were looking for. We usually look to enjoy a fireplace inside the house.
The half-wall in the master bedroom isn't conducive for privacy. If someone is watching a movie on the living room side, you hear it in stereo. The master bathroom was comfortable, but older. The washer & dryer were in the bathroom, and I have to say the machines were great.
The Wi-Fi was spotty, which made watching Netflix or Amazon almost impossible. The house's landline was disconnected, so in case of emergency, not having cellular service and the bad Wi-Fi connection is unnerving.
Bottom line is that the house isn't homey, which is what we look for in a Christmas getaway. It wasn't decorated for the season, which might help. The main house is a 3/2 plus the pod. There should be a fire pit on the side of the house that faces the pond. That was a great spot to sit and view the water.
I'd like to visit when the lake was high so we could have used the dock. We're the kayak/canoe put away for the season? We did not see them.
Arrived at the property and it was well manicured and clean. The cabin was very clean and the beds were all very comfortable.
If you are towing a boat there is a nice spot at the top of the hill (on the property) beyond the cabin to turn around. 4x4 is pretty much a must with it being steep and gravel.
The dock and private cove on the lake were amazing.
The catch & release pond on the property was also very fun. Easy fishing...
The outdoor covered deck/fireplace setup is extremely nice. We spent most of our time at the cabin outside on the deck. There are 3 ceiling fans that help keep the bugs to a minimum.
- Arrived to a note that said the propane grill regulator was broken and to not use the grill on high or for very long. This is literally a 5 minute fix so I'm surprised it was not fixed the next day by property management. (It was broken for the duration of our trip). For this price / level cabin I expect better
- The master bedroom wall is a partial wall (not ceiling high) so there is not much privacy between the master bed, living room, & kitchen. Just a little odd...
- No coffee pot coffee maker... For a cabin that sleeps this many people, single shot Keurig is out of place in my opinion. Also did not realize it was a Keurig prior to packing so had to go out and get K-Cups
- Oven handle is broken / non-existent. To open the oven you had to grab either side of the door and try not to burn yourself. Seemed silly and again surprising for this level / expensive cabin.
- Window air conditioners are obnoxious / loud but kept the cabin cool enough.
May sound like a lot of complaints but it is mostly minor stuff... Overall we had a great time and will consider it in the future.