Maison spacieuse moderne w / à couper le souffle au plafond vue sur l'océan dans chaque chambre
Particulier / consommateur
Salle(s) de bain
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100%. Les réservations annulées au moins 30 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50%.
Best Vacation Ever!!
This property is amazing inside and out! Punta Sur was perfect for our family. We loved the beach clubs on this end, particularly Captain Dulches and Garrafon de Castilla. No mistaking, Playa Centro and Norte are magnificent - but also can get crowded. We rented one golf cart, but took taxis if we ventured into the downtown area at night. It's busy so parking is tricky down there and they are pretty strict about drinking and driving . I would suggest trying the restaurants mid Island - you just can't beat that authenic Mexican feel, and the food is cheap and out of this world fresh! The house is just beautiful with three big bedrooms and baths upstairs and a half bath down. The beds are great and the sectional sofa downstairs is as comfortable as the beds!! Rooftop deck - amazing!! The pool - wow, how we loved that pool!! We ended our afternoon in it everyday! Karen and Memo were wonderful and answered immediately if we needed ANYTHING! There is not one thing that disappoints me about this house and Island - except for the fact that we're not still there!! We will most definitely be back on this Island and in this house again.
Cozy and beautiful!
We really enjoyed our stay! The house was cozy and beautiful. The owner was very helpful in assisting us upon our arrival. Would definitely recommend and revisit! Thank you :)
The home is beautiful, clean, and has amazing 360 degree views from the rooftop terrace. This was a great place to end the day and view the ocean and stars with a drink. Memo, the local manager met us upon arrival to make sure we knew where everything was and how it all worked. He was incredibly friendly and helpful and was available for any questions or issues throughout our 4 night stay. The home was well appointed and had most everything we needed, although be sure to pack shampoo and a blow dryer if you need one. Owner and manager were easy to deal with on the payment, check in, and check out.
If you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown/Hildago Street area this is a good location and about a 15 minute golf cart ride. Probably half that with a taxi. Some of the best places we found to eat were in the middle of the island. If you rent a golf cart like we did, be sure to stop by the rental shop for a refill of fuel if you are criss -crossing the island. Ours ran out of gas on day 3. Memo came to our rescue.
Overall I would recommend with one caveat. There is an amazing breeze that blows off the water that is wonderful from the rooftop but couldn't quite be enjoyed from the rooms with windows open or closed. The house has metal hurricane blinds/shutters, which while surely come in handy during a storm, are very loud constantly banging and creaking against the window throughout the night. This definitely took away from what would have been a peaceful night's sleep. Memo said they were working on trying to find something to hold them in place which would certainly make a difference.
Enjoyed Isla and hope to go back again in the future.
Glad you had an enjoyable stay! It is truly a beautiful island. As far as the hurricane shutters, if you close them tightly, they generally don't rattle. I am staying here now and while it has been gusty some days, I have heard nary a sound. You must have been exposed to some very strong winds! As he indicated, Memo is looking for straps to help further. We hope you book with us in the future!
Very comfortable & beautiful house with great view
Views from upstairs windows and the rooftop lounge added much to my enjoyment. Location in a very interesting section of the island makes this a good choice, too.
Stunning views, perfect quiet location near south point
Wow! What a spectacular getaway. Casa Maya Azul was delightful, spacious, well appointed and perfectly suited our needs. We loved the rooftop view and peaceful sunrises/sunsets, our tween loved the pool (btw, he named the dolphin Michelle) and the mural, and Memo was beyond AMAZING with recommendations, general help/responsiveness and making arrangements for us (tip for the extra help, though).
1) You WILL need a golf cart, unless you seriously don't plan to explore the island at all. Rent a golf cart, or two (they only really seat 4 adults/teens), to pick up when you arrive at the ferry station, especially if there are more than 3-4 people in your group (there are several rental places within a block or two of the terminal). Taxis are small (think 1982 Toyota Corolla) and only fit 3 people, 4 if you squeeze. We ended up taking two taxis from the ferry terminal after a late arrival then felt more or less "stuck" until we had golf carts delivered the next morning (thanks, Memo!). It would have been smarter on our part to reserve a couple of golf carts to get ourselves from the ferry to the Casa, with a stop at the grocery store along the way. I would love to see the owners of south point rentals provide a golf cart included in the rental fee. I would have paid extra for the service, especially for the elusive 6-seater.
2) Buy a Mapchick map. Period.
3) Pause to look at the artwork. There's a sculpture garden at south point and a ton of well-done murals around the island. I wish I had stopped more often to get photos of the random, delightful paintings.
4) Food is great on the island, so plan to eat out! The Joint is an amazing resource to have right next to the house. Don't pass on the frozen mojitos or Bob's burrito. Coleena (Isla Delivery) was also a great option. Oscar's has surprisingly good ceviche (fish) and Caribbean Brises has a fabulous tequila (and coconut) shrimp. Playa Lancheros for Tik'n Xic (fish), a regional speciality. Skip Da Luisa, great views, horrible food. Splurge on LoLo Lorena's amazing multi-course meal if you want a break from local cuisine. The food, ambiance and company is beyond compare.
5) Open the windows on the main floor for delightful cross-breezes. But close them at night for insect control. We got eaten alive by mosquitos on the island, including at dinner since most dining is al fresco. (Bring or buy bug spray!)
Thank you for introducing us to Isla. I suspect we'll be back soon!
Shannon, so glad you enjoyed your stay! The food is wonderful and I particularly love the restaurants you praised. Glad you appreciated the mural. We call the dolphin Pearl but will remember her other name, Michelle :-) We are thinking about getting a golf cart next year but currently rely on taxis because we know the island pretty well. Yes, bug spray is a must this time of year! Hope you come back next year and get a discount for return vacationers!
I absolutely fell in love with this place!
The gorgeous beauty that comes from house on this island is absolutely phenomenal. The property manager and the maids are amazing people, natives on the island are so caring, they truly do look out for you. It’s a very peaceful place to visit!
Punta Sur à l'extrémité sud de Isla Mujeres