Cette propriété a été récemment rénové et élégant quand vous marchez dans, bénéficiant plafonds de 10 pieds, d'une cheminée et un escalier alléchante menant au deuxième étage lobée. Il dispose également de planchers de bois franc, de trois puits de lumière et des chambres à coucher qui font de cette destination un hommage unique à la Nouvelle-Orléans, au Marigny, à Frenchmen Street et au quartier français. Ce joyau caché pittoresque est pour les gens de Mardi Gras, les amis qui veulent faire la fête dans le «Big Easy», les couples et un endroit idéal pour une escapade de gars ou de filles se retirent. Il se trouve dans la propriété fermée de maison victorienne d'un fleuri 1800 et il est sur le Registre national des biens historiques. Le quartier est en plein essor avec des cafés, des cafés et des magasins uniques. Si vous allez un bloc à St Claude St vous avez une zone animée avec: karaoké, brass bands, jazz et musique de toutes sortes avec quatre bars et clubs dans ce bloc de Marigny et St. Claude seul. A quelques pâtés de maisons St Claude est le marché de St Roch avec tous les types de nourriture et de boutiques, y compris un centre de bien-être. La Nouvelle-Orléans a tout: SuperBowl, Final Four, Saints, Pélicans, Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, quartier français Fest, VooDoo Fest et Décadence du Sud pour ne citer que quelques-uns.
endroit magique: Cottage magnifiquement rénové avec des chambres lobée peut accueillir quatre personnes.
Debra & James
- Dernière mise à jour du calendrier :
- 22 janv. 2019
Salle(s) de bain
Salle à manger
Equipements de loisirs
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100%.
Great place and great value
Everything you need is there! Clean, colorful, and quiet!
This is a lovely place, and within walking distance to the quarter.
It has all of the essentials and then some. The only thing that didn't work for us, and probably was my fault for not paying close enough attention to the home description, was the open floor plan with regard to the bedrooms. There was no privacy. But otherwise, everything was great!
Such a great location
We had a great experience with this stay. There were 4 adults in my party and there was space for us. However, there was not much privacy with just the blankets separating the beds, but the posting was transparent about this so we knew what we were coming into. The house is really cute and private and in such a great location, we were able to walk everywhere, and when we chose to Uber it was very cheap to get everywhere. We all loved our stay and would come back!
A great stay in Marigny!
It is not a 4 or 5 Star but we did not expect it to be. Location was great as was close to French Quarter and most of the old downtown area. We walked to and from several times. Never felt unsafe as main streets are well lit. A very good grocery store basically right across the street which was open late hours. We rented a vehicle but maybe didn't get our moneys worth out of it as so close to everything. We did take it to go to a Plantation Tour and then tootled around on the way back coming in to the West side of NOLA (i.e. the Garden District). The day we left we had a few hours so did some more touring with it. We had 3 in our party. If you have 4 or more then 1 bathroom may be a problem but worked for us. Porch flooring at the entrance could use some repair as boards getting rotted. Cottage inside was good; beds very comfortable; never had issue with noise at night just heard a few train whistles. WiFi reception very good and TV had adequate number of channels. FQ area is busy most of the time but lots of things to see and hear so really enjoyed it. The architecture all over is unique so was a highlight for sure. Marigny is an older area but just made it all the better as felt like we were really living the life of NOLA.
Thank you for being candid with us. It is the old section of Nola, yet it has it identity and I do hope you had great time in our city.
Cute and quaint cottage!
Owner response time was fast! Never had any problems. Overall, great stay and close to the French Quarter.
Thank you very much!
Location, location, location!
- As my title indicates, location of this cottage was ideal. Ten minute walk to Frenchmen Street and an easy twenty-five minute walk to the middle of the French Quarter. Sidewalks are a challenge, that is pretty much true of just about all the places in NOLA. Uber or Lyft (for those times when you celebrated a little too much) is just a $7 or $8 fare from Bourbon back home.
- Neighborhood was quiet and safe to walk around in. Came home late many nights without any concern.
- Having an ideal location will make you overlook or minimize some of the shortcomings of the cottage. However, there are/were a few:
- Listing says they will call you a couple of days in advance of your reservation to give you the access code to the front door. Never happened. Took me several text's and phone calls before I got the code.
- It is listed as an open loft with two bedrooms having curtains to hang between each for privacy. We knew that going into the rental. However, what we found was one bedroom had the hooks and curtain, but the other did not. The hooks in the second bedroom were just screwed into the drywall and had pulled out. I found the hooks and jerry-rigged them back in, but there was no curtain, so found a blanket and used that. Thought about going to the hardware store and buying a few drywall anchors, but then I was on vacation and didn't feel I had to fix the owners problem, especially since the same problem was noted by someone who stayed there in September of 2017. We stayed in October of 2018. Thirteen months and no fix?
- When we first opened the cottage, it had a strong musty smell which lasted a couple of days.
- Generally, the place was clean except for the bathroom. Hair and dirt.
- As noted in another review. Loose boards on the porch at the front door.
- WiFi didn't work when we got there. Modem was there, but no power. A little investigation found the power cord to the modem was missing. Owner tried to be helpful, but moden required a special plug. Was able to take the power cord from the tv and use it on the modem. So, if we wanted to watch tv, no WiFi. Wasn't a big problem as we didn't come to NOLA to sit in front of the tv.
- Bed linens were a little long in the tooth.
The place is not that bad, but it does need some TLC. General impression I get is that the owners have not visited it for some time or just aren't interested in putting a little effort into it to make it a little better.
Cette résidence est un bloc à Elysian Fields et deux blocs à l'Esplanade. Il y a des transports publics un pâté de maisons à l'angle de St Claude et Elysian Fields. Le chalet est à seulement 2 pâtés de maisons de Frenchmen Street avec de nombreux restaurants et établissements de musique et un autre 3 blocs du quartier français. Beaucoup de nuits vous réellement voir fanfares vivants jouant dans la rue à Saint-François
Sur Frenchmen Street il y a une «galerie d'art» pour tous vos trésors Nola et votre plaisir du shopping. Il est également à environ dix minutes à pied de Bourbon Street! Le Super Dome est à 2 miles et le Garden District environ 4 des miles. Ceci est un endroit idéal pour venir pour la Tulane et Loyola graduations! Louis Armstrong Park est seulement d'environ 1/2 mile de marche. Les visites du Mississippi sont à une courte distance à pied avec le casino Harrah et du célèbre Café du Monde et les Français stand de café sur le marché d'origine. En outre, Canal Street est un peu plus haut qui se jette dans Bourbon Street et les routes Parade. Il y a des cafés, des bars, des spectacles et une partie de la meilleure nourriture New Orleans a à offrir. Decatur Street est le lieu pour certains des meilleurs fruits de mer autour. Profitez de la musique de rue tous les jours qui fait partie intégrante de la maison de la musique de jazz, la Nouvelle-Orléans! Il y a aussi un parcours de course de chevaux à 3 miles appelé le Fairgrounds.
Informations supplémentaires sur les tarifs de location
Rates are based on up to 4 people per night. Additional guests are charged $25 per night, per person. Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Unless arranged otherwise, check-in is 3:00 PM and check out is 11:00 AM! Cancellation Policy: 100% if canceled 30 days prior to arrival date.