4 chambres 4 lits 2 salles de bains avec balcon privé
Gérant immobilier / professionnel
Salle(s) de bain
Soirées/évènements non autorisés
Animaux non bienvenus
Adaptée aux enfants
Âge minimum du vacancier principal:21
Les réservations annulées au moins 30 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100 %. Les réservations annulées au moins 14 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50 %.
Great location, good place, could have used a head's up on the construction.
The location of this VRBO is excellent...a couple blocks from the French Quarter, around the corner from Frenchman St, easy access to restaurants/bars/sightseeing, etc. The apartment itself is pretty nice and clean, with good sized bedrooms and good enough furnishings. It didn't come with any sheets for the pull out couch, but was otherwise well-appointed.
We had a pretty major issue with a lack of communication about the entire floor below the apartment being under construction. Not just a small renovation, but a major gut overhaul happening from the sidewalk to the backyard. We checked in on Thursday night and could see that a renovation was in progress, but didn't expect the work to start up at 6am on Friday morning (and not just quiet, in-home work...major construction that shook the whole building and made it impossible to hear each other at times). I'm not sure if the VRBO owner also owns the first floor, because she did not respond to our complaints until after we had checked out days later (I used the contact info listed in the HomeAway app), but this was a major project that should have at least been brought to our attention before we spent 4 nights and days living with it. The 25' dumpster being used for demo was right outside our front door, which made for some pretty interesting experiences with people scavenging through it all night right outside our windows. The weekend work didn't start up until about 8am, but with circular saws being used in the alley right outside of the bedroom windows it still made for a pretty unpleasant experience. Based on the progress we saw, I'd guess that this project won't be done for a few months at the earliest. Oh and also, they were digging a foundation on the lot next door, so that should start up soon...
5-Star Location; 3-Star Property
This historic home has a fantastic location, just a couple of blocks from famed Frenchmen Street. We took advantage of the location and went to many of the music clubs on Frenchmen, including Spotted Cat, 30x90, and d.b.a.
Each of the 4 bedrooms is quite large, with the exception of the back bedroom by the entry stairs being a bit smaller.
Overall, the home is what I would describe as "fine."
- The size is great with big open layout that is nice for groups. 3 large bedrooms, 1 small bedroom.
- The room layouts provide enough separation for a group while sleeping (with the exception of two rooms right next to each other but that's expected in a 1-floor layout).
- The A/C works well and cools the entire floor
- The Home has a keypad entry system that is easy to use and nice for groups (folks can come/go as they like)
- The beds were all comfy (our group commented on this while there)
- There are 3 breakfast/lunch places located within 2 blocks of the house
- The property is definitely old/historic and only has minor updates (wall paint, fridge, master bath).
- We squashed a cockroach in the kitchen (moderately large sized; saw only one, but saw many in the streets so its probably just part of staying in this area)
- The floorboards in the dining area give way a little - something someone could trip on
- The bathrooms are laid out in an odd way: there are 2 baths (master bath, full bath). The master bath is located en suite with the master bedroom and the 2nd bathroom is right next to the master bedroom. So, if you are shy and don't like sharing bathrooms and walking through bedrooms to share a bathroom -- this may be good for you to know. It was fine for our group of guys.
- It can be a bit noisy in the front of the house by the street in the AM making it difficult to sleep in (the master bedroom and middle bedroom were very dark and seemed quieter, fwiw).
The communication with the property team was great. We asked that they over-communicated due to only accepting payment outside of the system -- and they happily obliged and were true to their word on everything. Thanks to Malissa for being so quick to respond and answering our questions.
It's good to know that this property is right on the edge of the "ok area" in Marigny. Walking at night the wrong way on Touro street (North) would be a bad idea. As long as you stay South of the property and don't go west beyond Elysian Fields -- you should be fine.
Beautiful House and Perfect Location!
Renting this house in a group of 9 friends for Memorial Day weekend and it was amazing! There were beautiful high ceilings, large bedrooms, and more than enough communal space. Everyone in my group loved the house and hated that we had to leave. Also the location is a prime spot! It was extremely convenient for walking to all the nightlife! It is close enough to easily walk anywhere in the French Quarter and is right by Frenchman Street. We couldn't have picked a better place. Everyone from my group is still talking about how badly we all want to go back!
Cette propriété est un magnifiquement restauré 1835 maison dans l'historique Faubourg Marigny. Ce est une pâté de maisons de Français et trois pâtés de maisons du quartier. Il dispose de 4 chambres et peut accueillir 9. Frenchmen Street dispose de plusieurs boutiques et de bars et restaurants qui ont la musique live et restent ouverts 24/7. Ils balcon à l'étage offre une vue magnifique de ce quartier historique. Cette location est tout le deuxième étage.