4 ch / 2 sdb, cuisine complète / ameublement, internet, piscine, jardins, plage
Gérant immobilier / professionnel
Salle(s) de bain
Type de destination
Salle à manger
Equipements de loisirs
Piscine / Spa
Les réservations annulées au moins 60 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100%. Les réservations annulées au moins 30 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50%.
Nice Area, but House Falls Short
We were very excited to stay at this property, but ended up disappointed for a number of reasons:
- Saying this house has an ocean view is an exaggeration, at best. From one corner of the property by the pool, through trees which obscure 90% of what view there is, if you know it's there you can kind of see what may be the ocean. From the house itself, absolutely nothing.
- The primary description says the house has air conditioning, but says it isn't necessary at elevation with house fans. During our February stay temperatures were in the 80's and 90's with humidity. The fans were ineffective and the house was like an oven until after 10 PM. Later in the detailed description, you are alerted to a "minimal" charge for usage. We've been told about $1/hr for each air conditioner (there are 4, one for each bedroom) will be deducted from our deposit. Build cost into the "air conditioned" rental price to fairly compare properties. Avoid hidden charges.
- Wifi only worked for 1 of the 6 days we were there. I typically work in the early mornings before the family gets up. I couldn't consistently access emails. We couldn't search and make any reservations on line for activities or restaurants. In the owners defense, he worked hard to address the problem, but with no service I went to the French Bakery on Ojochal, 15 minutes away, to work in the mornings.
- Also, an exaggeration in the listing is the 15 minute drive time from Ojochal to Uvita, where most activities begin. The owner forgets to mention that, at posted speeds, it's another 15 minutes to the house from Ojochal, so plan on 30 minutes.
- When we arrived sheets were only on beds in 2 of the 4 bedrooms. A small thing, but it was annoying to need to make beds after our 7 hour trip from La Fortuna.
- When we arrived we noticed the big screen TV wasn't in the living room. Our initial fear was it had been stolen. I contacted the owner and he told us about a power serge 3 weeks the knocked out the TV. His solution was to have us to move a small TV from the bedroom to watch movies we brought for evening entertainment. Again it would have been nice to know in advance.
On the plus side:
- Showers were nice with hot water and good water pressure.
- We were able to flush toilet paper rather than put it in a waste basket. Not always the case in CR.
- The property was secure in a gated community and we felt safe at all times
We have traveled in Mexico, Canada, and Spain, and this is our first 2 star review
I am sorry to hear that your experience at the Villa fell short of your expectations with the previous owner.
The Villa is now under new ownership. We hope to address your issues and resolve any future misunderstandings. Care is being made to ensure proper villa set up for our guests' arrival.
Should you find yourself returning to Costa Rica, we would welcome the opportunity to better your experience at the Villa and enjoy the improvements under the new ownership.
Mooi, maar in de verkoop...
Het huis en de tuin zijn prachtig. Villa Tranquila is een goede naam! Alleen kregen we in tien dagen tijd vijf keer een makelaar met klanten over de vloer. De eigenaar wil zijn huis kwijt. Dat hebben we geweten....
Alan's house is wonderful! We spent there our vacations, it was really comfortable and peaceful!
The house was very neat and had everything we needed. My mom and aunt could relax and enjoy the peace of the mountain, my young cousins enjoyed walking around and looking at beautiful sunsets, my husband, my 1 year old baby and I had a great time at the pool, and we all could go to different beaches in the zone which are clean and beautiful to spend there a whole morning or day. Alan is very polite, friendly and helped us anytime we needed something. We definitely recommend the house and we could rent it again!!
Great Family Vacation Home
This rental is wonderful. We really appreciate a detailed review when we are researching rentals, so I will provide some detail here- but the short and sweet version is: would we recommend this place to a friend? Yes! Would we stay here again? Probably not.
What’s awesome? The house is very nicely laid outside, lots of fans (we were very comfortable with the fans on, windows closed, and only used the AC before bed for a little while) very safe feeling, in the mountains, saw monkeys in the trees along the road to the house! Corner store had all the necessities, great beaches in the area. Not too touristy/ crowded (though it was low season). Great WiFi, on a backup battery so you still have WiFi If the lights go out. 4x4 is not optional. Great for getting away from the crowds and close to nature.
Alan sent us info prior to our arrival about local places, where to rent a car, toll road tips, etc. it was really helpful! Also very detailed directions to the house which were awesome.
What we didn’t love:
When we travel to new places, what we’re really looking for us to get a feel for what the locals are up to. This “community” was nice, and felt very safe, but did not feel very “Tico.” The restaurants are from all over the world, and the prices reflect what you’d expect in the states. We even asked at the local store where the locals eat, where we could find TICO food, they had a hard time coming up with a recommendation for us. We spent one night in Jaco at the end of our trip, and finally found the inexpensive Sodas, friendly locals, and culture we were hoping to find in Ojochal. So, while it’s a lovely community where people walk their dogs on leashes and you feel quite safe, I don’t feel like I really got a good taste of Costa Rica culture.
There’s no real view of the ocean, but the weather was so rainy it wouldn’t have mattered much for us anyway. There’s a beautiful view from the road above the house. About a 10 min walk. The house is surrounded by trees, has really nice landscaping, and lots of birds.
The AC is restricted to ONE HOUR PER DAY. I didn’t realize this when we booked, and admittedly had a little freak out once I realized it. The truth is, in October, the house was pretty comfortable with just the fans on. We did turn the AC on in one room just before bed. It was fine! There was NO BREEZE, ever, at all! It rained incredible rains throughout the day and at night, it was amazing.
Overall, great stay!
Thanks so much for your review of Villa Tranquila. Even though you went during the season most likely to have rain, we're glad you enjoyed your trip.
The Villa is indeed located in a safe, gated community, and it exists within the "Tico culture" of the town of Ojochal. We find Ojochal to offer a great combination of both family owned restaurants serving Costa Rican cuisine, as well as larger establishments serving upscale international fare. We have added "soda-type" restaurants to our recommendation list as they can be hard to find. In addition, we are again offering dinner service at the Villa, prepared and served by our Costa Rican caretakers (authentic local cuisine), at a reasonable additional cost. This unique experience has always received an enthusiastic response.
Unlike most vacation rentals in this area, we offer new, energy efficient zonal air conditioners in each bedroom, in addition to ceiling fans throughout. Air conditioners are available for use at a reasonable additional cost.
Super villa for a family
My wife and 7 and 9 year old just spent a great 7 days at villa tranquila. It is tucked away in the mountain, a 10 minute drive from the main road, and it’s a fun bumpy ride to the gated community. We spent nights eating outside by the pool, watching the sun set and the stars come out, along with all the birds and sekedas.
The villa has a a really big living space and a fully equipped kitchen, with all the rooms off that main space. It works really well. The pool is small, but it has this great swim in place feature, that the kids loved.
All the rooms have fans- we didn’t need to use the air con at all.
Ojochal is really well located- 10 mins to Uvita and 25 to dominical. We did day trips to many sights, spent afternoons at various beaches, or by the pool. Ojochal has a fully stocked supermarket in town - everything you need. No need to go to Uvita at all.
Now Alan: from the time we iniitally inquired about the place in September, to the time we checked out, Alan was a star. He has a great set of PDFs he sends you after payment is received, and it has all the details you need for a great visit. And he was fully available by text for any inquiries. We texted more than a few times, and he was very responsive.
If you are planning a trip to the pacific coast, Alan’s place is a perfect place for a home base. Enjoy!
Thanks so much Gordon. We enjoyed having you and are looking forward to your return!
La maison est située dans une communauté fermée nichée dans la montagne, avec la sensation de "loin de tout" et toutes les commodités modernes d'un complexe "de luxe"
La maison se trouve à 15-20 minutes de route d’Ojochal sur des routes goudronnées et asphaltées. Ojochal se trouve à 30 minutes au sud de Dominical et est connue pour ses vues impressionnantes, son influence française, sa cuisine internationale de classe mondiale et son mode de vie de petit village.
De la maison, à environ 5 km de la plage la plus proche, Playa Ventana, avec son sable blanc immaculé, sa "crique" protégée et ses eaux tempérées du Pacifique. À proximité se trouvent le parc national Marino Ballena avec des kilomètres de plage de sable et de baignade, la réserve de Cano Island pour la plongée sous-marine et la plongée avec tuba, les événements de surf dominical, à proximité du parc national Corcovado (l'écosystème le plus vaste et le plus diversifié au monde), plusieurs cascades, écoles de surf / plongée, randonnée pédestre, pêche en haute mer, pêche au tilapia, plongée, équitation, location de Quad, et tour en tyrolienne!
Un 4x4 est recommandé, nécessaires quelques fois durant l'année.
Autres Activités: visites tyrolienne
Pêche en haute mer
Fruits de mer locaux
À proximité des parcs nationaux
Plongée en apnée, Plongée sous-marine
Whale dauphins /