Vacances d'hiver sur "Big Lake Weir" - à quelques minutes des villages
Particulier / consommateur
Salle(s) de bain
Type de destination
Salle à manger
Equipements de loisirs
Les réservations annulées au moins 30 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 100%. Les réservations annulées au moins 14 jours avant le début du séjour pourront être remboursées à hauteur de 50%.
Ok guest cottage
The owners are real nice however we did have some issues that have since been resolved. The stove only had 3 small elements that worked however the 1 large element did not even for last year tenants. After numerous complaints they did replace it 2 months later.
The septic bed was defective and the waste water came up in the tub so we were unable to use the washing machine in the cottage until this was resolved. We were offered and did use the washing machine in the main house. They fixed the air conditioner the next day. It was advertised that it had a dishwasher but there is none . the ad has been corrected since. The queen bed in master is very soft so I slept in guest room on the single mattress that is very firm. The living room sofa is very soft with no back support for a winter stay so we bought a leather chair. The dishes are all mismatched and some pans or cookie sheets in rough shape. We found it dark in the living room in the daytime as both Doors have no windows. Overall it is a great price for the location.
April 29, 2019
We were surprised to read our renters comments, as the “Cottage” has been rented to winter guests the past three years without one complaint. The following is our owner’s response.
1. Renters (party of 2 and small pet) arrived a day early, they were accommodated and not charged for the additional night stay.
2. Renter complained about 2-slice toaster not heating evenly …a new 4-slice toaster was provided.
3. Renter complained about the HVAC, a service tech was on site the following morning. The system was determined to be in good working order and no repairs required.
4. Renter complained she used larger skillets, owner provided additional pans/skillets.
5. Renter complained one of the four burners on the electric oven didn’t work, three did. After several attempts to fix by owner, a new stove was provided.
6. Renter complained there was some rust on the legs of BBQ grill…a new grill was provided. The old one was moved to the main house and is still in use.
7. Shortly after their arrival, the cottage unfortunately, needed a new septic drain field (a new drain field had to be installed). Please note our property is located on a lake, so due to environmental issues the permitting process can be slow. To accommodate the renter, owner offered to cancel their lease and refund the balance of lease payments or they could use the owner’s main lake house (a 2 story, +4,000 sq. ft. home facing the lake which we do not rent) for the duration of their lease or while the drain field was installed. The renter stated they liked the “cottage” & opted to remain in the cottage, but utilize the main house shower and laundry during the repair period.
8. During the 5-month rental period and unknown to the owner, the renter took it upon themselves to rearrange the cottage, including all the kitchen cabinets. (Owner provided 2 complete sets of dishes with matching glasses for one set.) Renter made no effort to return items to their original locations. Owner called renter to inquire where silverware might be as none could be found. Renter said silverware in a plastic bag above refrigerator or maybe under the sink. Owner spent an additional day of clean up, reorganizing the cottage to the original layout for the next renter. Renter failed to mention this upon leaving.
9. On vacating the property, the renter mentioned they had a few days of “trash”, however the amount of trash left filled two pickup trucks. Commercial trash pickup was two days prior to their move out.
The last two items required the owner 2 days to correct which the renter was not billed for these services.
25 minutes à Ocala et à 15 minutes de The Villages